Garden Themed Mini Side Salad for Kids
Ingredients (makes 1):
- handful fresh pea shoots
- 3-4 slices raw carrot
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 mini Babybel cheese
1. Harvest the pea shoots from your fairy garden by cutting near the base of the stem with kitchen scissors.
2. Place the pea shoots into a cardboard muffin cup or small bowl.
3. Using mini bento cutters, cut flower shapes from the carrot & cucumber slices.
4. Add the carrot and cucumber flowers to the pea shoots, arranging them on top to look like growing flowers.
5. Make the Babybel ladybird. Start by removing the outer wrapper from the cheese, leaving the wax layer intact.
6. Using a small round cutter, cut a semicircle from one side of the wax for the head, then remove the wax, leaving the cheese intact.
7. Cut a sharp triangle from the wax, point side towards the semi-circle you just removed. This will form the wings.
8. Using a tiny round cutter or the end of a drinking straw, cut dots from the wax and remove.
9. Add two of the wax dots back onto the cheese in the head area to form the eyes.
10. Pop the cheese ladybird on top of the salad to decorate, then serve immediately.
Written by https://www.eatsamazing.co.uk/