Easy Egg Mayo & Cress Flower Cups
For the mini tortilla flower cups:
- 2-3 tortilla wraps
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For the egg mayo:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp light mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp salad cream
- handful cress
1. Start by boiling the eggs for 7 minutes until hard boiled. Once the eggs are cooked, immediately remove from the saucepan and transfer to a bowl of very cold water to cool.
2. Whilst the eggs are cooking and cooling, make the mini tortilla cups. Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas mark 4/350°F). Lightly oil a 12 hole muffin tin with some of olive oil.
3. Using a large flower shaped cutter, cut out 12 flower shapes from the tortilla wraps. If you don’t have a flower cutter, a large circle cutter would also work.
4. Push a tortilla flower into each oiled hole in the muffin tin to form a cup. Brush each tortilla cup with the rest of the oil.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until the cups are just starting to crisp up and brown around the edges. Do keep a close eye on them as they cook because they can burn very easily.
6. Once cooked, remove the tortilla cups from the oven. Some of the cups may have puffed up a little while cooking, if so, push them down gently with the back of the spoon whilst still warm to form a cup again.
7. Leave the cups in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes until cool enough to handle, then remove to finish cooling on a wire rack.
8. Whilst the cups are cooling, return to the cooled eggs to make the egg mayo.
9. Peel the hard boiled eggs and discard the shells. Roughly mash the eggs with the back of a fork.
10. Once mashed, add the light mayo and salad cream and mix together with the egg.
11. Harvest your cress from the fairy garden by cutting the top halves of the cress off with scissors. Add the cress to the egg mayo mixture, reserving a little for garnishing. Mix the cress into the egg mayo.
12. Spoon dollops of the egg mayo & cress into the cooled mini tortilla cups.
13. Garnish each cup with a little more of the cress, then serve immediately.
Written by https://www.eatsamazing.co.uk/